Morning Sickness Causes - Your Guide To How And What Of Pregnancy Nausea
Morning sickness causes vary. Just like the symptoms of morning sickness vary from person to person. Don't let the name deceive you; morning sickness can happen at any time of the day, even late at night. First trimester morning sickness is one of the symptoms by which the woman realizes she might be pregnant.
The morning sickness period can be a bad time for many women. Women who suffer severe symptoms have reported never wanting to be too far from the bathroom, and spending all their time throwing up in the toilet bowl. Many women cannot keep any food down for long. Meals are drastically reduced for women suffering from morning sickness.
Morning sickness affects a large majority of pregnant women. Nausea is however, a problem only till the end of the first trimester. In the second trimester, the levels of morning sickness reduce dramatically.
What Causes Morning Sickness
Many women dread morning sickness. However, by understanding the cause of morning sickness, you will learn how to manage it properly. Here are some reasons for the nausea.
- Hormone Progesterone- the hormone is responsible for many pregnancy symptoms. Progesterone slows down many metabolic functions in the body, including digestion. This makes it difficult for you to digest food as quickly as you used to, making you prone to morning sickness.
- Hcg- The hCG and estrogen hormones are also one of the morning sickness causes. Once hCG is released in the blood stream in a certain amount, it makes you feel queasy.
- Weak Digestion- If your digestive system was weak even before pregnancy; chances are you will suffer more from morning sickness.
- Heightened Sensitiveness- This is another major one of the morning sickness causes. You might have noticed an increase in your sense of smell and taste. This keenness can react badly to strong smells and flavors.
Is it Dangerous?
One of the major morning sickness causes is the change in hormone levels of the body. In fact, many medical experts feel morning sickness signals that the hormone production and pregnancy development is going smoothly in your body. In most cases, morning sickness causes are benign and nothing to worry about. However, you should get worried if you notice the following:
- You cannot eat anything owing to morning sickness.
- You throw up whatever you eat.
- You have a fever or ache
- Morning sickness continues even after second trimester.
Hyperemesis gravidarum is one of the serious morning sickness causes. It is characterized by excessive nausea and weight loss. Severe cases can lead to dizziness and fainting, as well as loss of vital electrolytes from the body. In that case, the pregnant woman is placed in a hospital and administered fluids and electrolytes. Do not take any medication on your own. Consult a doctor first. If the symptoms are severe, early medical attention can be a lifesaver.
Most morning sickness causes are not serious. Some doctors may even feel they are desirable, since they signal proper production of hormones that regulate pregnancy. Taking medications on your to solve this problem is not a good idea, since it can camouflage severe symptoms and keep you from getting medical help in time. Being aware of morning sickness causes helps you deal with nausea better.