Back Ache Early Pregnancy Symptom - Causes And Treatment
One of the most common complaints of would be mothers is back ache early pregnancy symptom. This problem is known to affect more than half of all pregnant women. Apart from causing pain and discomfort during pregnancy, this pregnancy symptom also changes your lifestyle for the worse if proper precautions are not taken. Many women stop all activities due to back pain, and this habit continues till after pregnancy. This causes problems like weight gain and pain in muscles and joints.
Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful periods in a woman's life. By taking proper care of yourself, you will be able to enjoy these nine months without any discomforting pregnancy symptom.
Back Ache - What Causes It
Backache during pregnancy is caused by many factors. Here are some reasons for back ache early pregnancy symptom.
- Shift In Center Of Gravity- When you are pregnant, your belly carries the weight of the growing baby. While your spine does not bend to accommodate the weight, your belly keeps growing and gaining weight. This makes you feel like the weight is pulling you down from the front. Your body no longer has the same center of gravity. This is one of the leading causes of back ache early pregnancy symptom.
- Change In Size Of Ligaments- When you are pregnant, your muscles and ligaments need to change in size to accommodate the growing fetus. Ligaments and muscles stretch and cause back ache early pregnancy symptom. Surprisingly, ligaments all across the body show growth during pregnancy.
- Insomnia- Many pregnant women find it difficult to have a good night's rest. Their growing belly does not allow them to find a comfortable sleeping posture. Many women are anxious about their pregnancy and this causes sleeplessness. Sometimes, the fetus might put pressure on the back as you lie down. All this gives rise to back ache early pregnancy symptom.
Backache during pregnancy can make you feel depressed and lethargic. You might also feel less active. Many women stop exercising completely due to back ache early pregnancy symptom. This is harmful since it could make pregnancy more difficult. To prevent these problems, you need to take steps to avoid back pain.
How To Treat Back Pain During Pregnancy
Back pain during pregnancy can make you feel moody and depressed. It makes women feel cranky. It could affect their health in other ways. Here are some ways to treat this early pregnancy symptom.
- Compresses - Hot and cold compresses are the most effective and inexpensive ways to treat back ache early pregnancy symptom. Compresses are far safer than hot water baths. They are also more convenient and easier to handle.
- Exercising - Consult your doctor early on in pregnancy to know the best exercise for you. Moderate exercise keeps pregnant women healthy and makes delivery easier. Not to mention the fact that it eases back pain by strengthening the muscles. Walking at a moderate pace, swimming and gentle stretching exercises help reduce back ache.
- Posture- Maintaining a good posture is crucial to easing back pain. Never slouch when seated. Sit with your back erect. Avoid high heels during pregnancy.
- Sleeping- Special mattresses are available for would be mothers that allow them to sleep in any position they feel like. Alternatively, you could sleep on your side and have the pillows prop you from the sides. Put a pillow between your knees for added comfort.
Back ache can be debilitating for some pregnant women. However, with guidance from your doctor, you can make this stage of pregnancy a wonderful one. While back pain may not be eliminated, you can certainly do a lot in combating it. Regular exercise, maintaining correct posture and hot and cold packs are just some of the ways to relieve back pain. You could consult your doctor for further treatment.